Kindle deals for Christian readers
B&H’s Perspectives series is on sale for $2.99 each:
- Perspectives on the Sabbath
- Perspectives on the Ending of Mark
- Perspectives on Your Child’s Education
- Perspectives on Family Ministry
- Perspectives on the Doctrine of God
- Perspectives on Election
- Perspective on Children’s Spiritual Formation
- Perspectives on Church Government
- Perspectives on Christian Worship
- Perspectives on Israel and the Church
- Perspectives on Our Struggle with Sin
- Perspectives on Spirit Baptism
- Christian America?: Perspectives on Our Religious Heritage
- Perspectives on Tithing
Also on sale:
- Understanding Four Views on Baptism—$1.99
- Where to Find It in the Bible by Ken Anderson—99¢
- Exploring the Unexplained by Trent Butler—$2.99
- What Does the Bible Say About…—$3.99
- Find It Fast in the Bible—$3.99
- Halley’s Bible Handbook by Henry Halley—$3.99
Misconceptions from the Internet
Chris Martin raises an interesting point here.
A few weeks ago, I learned that students are exposed to this sort of thinking well before crossing the threshold of higher education. When I went to visit my son’s second grade open house, I found a troubling pair of signs hanging over the bulletin board. They read:
Fact: Something that is true about a subject and can be tested or proven.
Opinion: What someone thinks, feels, or believes.
And the march toward Oneism continues…
Books may seem preferable because we can control them. They don’t bother us with problems or need special attention. Books are good, but they are a means to which we perform our duty of loving others by feeding our flock God’s Word. How do we know when our love for people is not where it should be?