We typically don’t talk a ton about Bible reading on the podcast. Not because we don’t care about it (because obviously we do), but because we typically assume that our Christian listeners are actively doing so. However, that’s not always a safe assumption to make, especially when we see how rampant biblical illiteracy has become. So this week, we are joined by Tara-Leigh Cobble, host of The Bible Recap podcast and author of the forthcoming book of the same name. Listen in as we discuss:
- How adding verse numbers ruined Bible reading
- Who wrote Hebrews
- Why Tara-Leigh doesn’t like Ezekiel (and who would win in a fight between him and Luke)
- Why Apollos is cool
- Why I (Aaron) read so dang much
- The unexpected surprise of an incredibly successful podcast
- Audiobook playback speeds
- Ways we cheated in school
All this and a whole bunch of apologies from… well, you’ll see.
A few of the books we mentioned on this episode
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM us on Twitter or Instagram.