Recently I (Aaron) went to the local Dollar General and was confronted with the most ridiculous book title I’ve seen in a long time. So naturally, I sent a picture to Dave and Scarlet, to which Dave immediately suggested that we talk about this on the show! So, with Scarlet out this week, that’s what we did. And it was as silly and amazing as you would hope.
Listen in as we discuss:
- Our favorites from a list of silly book titles we can’t share (there are some that would definitely cross the line of the “don’t get fired rule,” so…)
- My vetting failure before making recommendations on graphic novels last week
- New graphic novel options for Dave to (maybe) read
After last week’s encouraging poll, we’re back at it with another, which will go live sometime on Monday on Twitter. This one will, hopefully, be one that helps point Dave in a direction on which graphic novel he’s going to try.
A few of the books we mentioned on this episode
- Undiscovered Country by Scott Snyder, Charles Soule, et al.
- Birthright Vol 1: Homecoming by Joshua Williamson
- Paper Girls Vol 1 by Brian K Vaughan & Cliff Chiang
- Once & Future by Kieron Gillen
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM us on Twitter or Instagram.