One of the creative cohorts & publishing companies Dave and Aaron both love is The Rabbit Room, for many different reasons, not the least of which being the people running it. So this week, Dave and Aaron are joined by none other than Pete Peterson, its executive director and managing editor. Listen in as we discuss:
- The story of The Rabbit Room
- The publishing philosophy of “do less better”
- The challenges of reading for pleasure when working in publishing
- The feedback Pete—and his brother Andrew—has received because of the content of his books
- Why it can be challenging for some authors to be too Christian and not Christian enough
- How Pete quit smoking
A few of the books mentioned on this episode:
- Every Moment Holy Vol. 1, and the forthcomingEvery Moment Holy Vol 2 by Douglas McKelvey
- The Fiddler’s Gun and Fiddler’s Green (the Fin’s Revolution series) by Pete Peterson
(Though really, get these direct from The Rabbit Room store—it’s a great way to support them directly!)
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM us on Twitter or Instagram.