The literary world lost a legend last week when it was announced that Larry McMurtry, acclaimed author of Lonesome Dove, The Last Picture Show, and more than two dozen others, died at age 84. Listen in as we discuss what we know (and learn) about his work, and make plans to read one of his books together.
A selection of Larry McMurtry’s books mentioned on today’s episode
- The Last Picture Show
- Anything for Billy
- Terms of Endearment
- Comanche Moon
- Streets of Laredo
- Dead Man’s Walk
A couple of other books we discuss
- True Believer: The Rise and Fall of Stan Lee by Abraham Riesman
- The Whole Story for the Whole Family by Michael Kelley
- Big Truths Bible Storybook by Aaron Armstrong
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM us on Twitter or Instagram.